City of Bristol Open Meet April 2015
Well, #6 is on the books.
As always a massive thanks to Chris, Phillip and Andy, and all the officials for coping with the largest swimmer entry we have ever had for an open meet. We finished on time for 6 of the 7 sessions, and only overran by 15 minutes on session 7!
Also thanks to the parents for getting their kids there, the support of the coaches and team managers, and the blue tee shirt brigade from CoB to ensure all went smoothly.
It was good to see some of our regular clubs return as well as some new faces, who I hope enjoyed the home pool of City of Bristol - @CityofBR1STOLsc.
- Alice Tai (@Alice_Tai725) – 4 British records for an S10 swimmer – not bad for somebody who was only swimming in 3 sessions – very impressive!!! Beats our previous record of 2 British records in a CoB open meet by Chloe Davies in 2013. Obviously the records still need to be verified, but does prove that Hengrove is a fast pool?
- Top Girl - Oriana Noel - Carn Brea & Helston SC
- Top Boy - Luke Warren - Redditch Swimming Club
- I will be contacting the clubs to sort the £25.00 cash prizes
- Top Club – City of Oxford – no prize other than kudos!
- Timing team – Dave B and Graham – as always a massive pat on the back for sorting whatever issues came up, with a smile on their faces, especially when you feed them chocolate cake!
- Our first ever long distance session at Hengrove
The necessary files have been sent to the Rankings people.
I need to sort out a couple of more scratch refund cheques so will be contacting the affected clubs this week.
Looking at the feedback forms – one consistent comment is “Why not on Meet Mobile?” - thought I would address that point straight away – costs the club too much money – previously free to advertise on their app and publish results – now costs clubs a lot of money....sorry – we will not be using their service.
I am now off to the pub where my son has promised to buy me a pint or 5!
Adrian, Meet Manager
Welcome to the City of Bristol Swimming Club
City of Bristol Swimming Club is a performance pathway from Home clubs to Elite level (involving three squads, Performance, Development and Junior Academy), ensuring all participating clubs have the coaching support in which ever area of development they require.
COB operates from Hengrove Park Leisure centre, Bristol’s only 50m Olympic size training facility, providing up to 17 hours pool training per week with additional land training for Performance and Development squads.
Any club welcome to register as a “Network club” of the COB scheme. All swimmers must be members of an agreed Network Club to join the programme and meet the criteria. All referrals should be via the head coach from the Home club (for more details speak to your club coach).
City of Bristol Swimming Club
Head coach: Marc Williams (interim) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Backwell Swimming Club
Head coach: Bob Lisle - email@example.com
Bath Dolphin Swimming Club
Head coach: Gordon Lye - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishopsworth Swimming Club
Head coach: Marc Williams - email@example.com
Bristol Central Swimming Club
Head coach: Alan Thorne - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynsham Swimming Club
Head coach: Thea Beament - email@example.com